If you’re going to attempt this, make sure that the rollback index of the downloaded ROM matches with the rollback index of the MIUI firmware currently installed on your device. Once both these things are done, click ‘flash’ in the Mi Flash Tool to finally install the MIUI Fastboot ROM on your Xiaomi/Redmi/Poco device. ‘clean all and lock’ should be used with precaution. If your device was previously rooted, had a custom ROM, or any other sorts of modifications, then try and not use it. If there’s any sort of software modifications are leftover, it will not be possible to easily recover the device given that the bootloader will be locked. Flashing the MIUI Fastboot ROM on Xiaomi, Redmi, and Poco devices using the Mi Flash Tool is a true and tried method.
- It differs from one brand to the next, as each gadget is custom-designed by the maker.
- If a stock ROM is open-source such as Android, code can be accessed by the developer, edited, recompiled, and re-released for another android or Custom ROM.
- Mi Flash is a portable software and does not require any installation.
- Follow these instructions install Android updates / Stock MIUI Recovery and Fastboot ROMs on Xiaomi, Mi, Redmi and POCO smartphones.
- Once that is done, you can follow steps 1-to-3 above and launch the Terminal inside the working directory (the folder where the Fastboot ROM is extracted).
Check MIUI 10 Downloads – ROMs, Ringtones, Launchers, Themes, and Wallpapers to make your Mi phone most of it. Mi firmware is updated every day so that the firmware of Xiaomi device is always latest and updated. Head to Xiaomi’s official product authentication page stock firmware. Fastboot ROMs can manually install MIUI software updates and unbrick devices by restoring the stock MIUI software. Fastboot ROMs come with a .tgz file extension and require a Windows computer for installation with the MiFlash tool.
The instructions for all Xiaomi, Mi, Redmi, and even POCO smartphones are common. This method could be really helpful when reinstalling the “Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X firmware” on your device.
Ensure to install the right custom ROM on your Android phone. Do NOT proceed if the firmware is incompatible with your phone model number. A. Typically, the flashing process takes between 5 and 10 minutes.
You may upgrade or downgrade the Android firmware with flashing. Flashing will fix software issues, IMEI related issues, and improve device performance.