In some cases the device might not be unbricked with this tool, for example if it is hard-bricked. This guide talks about using Recovery ROMs to update a device. Generally, beginners face problems booting Xiaomi devices into Fastboot Mode to flash files. You can find all MIUI versions of all MIUI ROMs you are looking for from our application. MIUI Global Stable, China Beta, Other Regions (Turkey, Indonesia, EEA etc.) In short, region or version doesn’t matter. You have option of Fastboot ROM or Recovery ROM, you can even go to the oldest versions.
- We can use the following method to flash firmware if you are using Custom ROM or a rooted device.
- Samsung smartphones radiate its ingenuity and expertise in the area of hardware.
- Android flashing means removing the stock firmware from the Android device and replacing it with the same version or any other version.
- If you do not like the firmware installed by the device manufacturer on your Android device, stock firmware you are free to replace it with your own custom firmware.
- Just remember that in most cases, flashing a factory image will completely wipe your phone.
If you want a daily driver with good battery life and performance, then LineageOS is one the best option for you. Due to its stability and performance, many other custom ROMs use LineageOS code as their base, some of them are Resurrection Remix and crDroid. If you are looking for more options, and want to try some of the sweet Pixel goodness, you can also try out Pixel Experience ROM based on Android 9.0. Samsung will soon allow remapping of the Bixby button on Galaxy S9/S9+, Note 9, Galaxy S8/S8+, Note 8 running on Android 9 Pie-based One UI. One UI based on Android Pie for the Samsung Galaxy S8 and the Galaxy Note 8 is rolling out on all major US carriers and unlocked models now.
with more being continuously added thanks to the biggest, yet ever growing, Android open-source community.
Despite the obstacles, flashing a factory image is the best option if you ever need to completely reset your device. It can also serve as the nuclear option if you’ve bricked your device and no other methods to fix it are working. Factory images come directly from the device manufacturers, and many don’t release them. Google and Motorola are among the major companies that do. It’s normally possible to get factory images from Samsung and LG, but you may need to download them from third-party sites. There are benefits of going from a custom ROM to a stock ROM, too.
- In this list, Redmi Note 8/Pro got Android 11 based MIUI 12 ROM.
- LineageOS can easily be titled the holy grail of Custom ROMs.
- Xiaomi has also matured as a smartphone OEM — practices that were previously shoddy and questionable have matured and evolved into better practices as the company figured its way around.
You can also watch video reviews, leave a review of your own, take a look at the prices and buy the device of your choosing. Xiaomi always releases a bunch of mobiles in the same series with slight modifications. Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 and Note 8T are the same with slight RAM and Body dimension changes. Both come with Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665 processor and 3-6 GB RAM.